Groups can be a supportive way for women to meet others, share stories, and learn from each other. It can be an important way to find out that you and your children are not alone in your experience. Groups can assist women to address the impact of domestic and family violence and to:
- provide a supportive and safe environment for women to talk about their experiences
- provide opportunities for women to gain strength and understanding through shared experiences
- meet other women and help break down social isolation associated with living with domestic violence
- provide education and information about domestic and family violence.
If you are interested in attending 'Hope St' women's group please contact us for more information.
Children’s groups can be a fun, relaxed and supportive way for children to meet others, share their stories and understand that they are not alone in their experience of violence. Children’s groups can assist children through activities and play to:
- talk about their experiences in a safe, supportive environment
- share their experiences so that they don’t feel alone
- understand their experience so that they don’t blame themselves for the violence
- provide education and information about being safe.
If you are interested in accessing a children's group please contact us for more information.Back to top